This is an opportunity to experience rural and agricultural medicine in a hands-on, real-life environment.
The Farm Stay is an exciting initiative of GPSN's Rural Working Group.
The GPSN Rural Working Group recognises that it is next to impossible to teach medical students about rural health in a big city lecture theatre, so we hope that through exposing them to life on a farm they will have a better understanding of both the challenges and joys of rural medicine.
The aim of the Farm Stay is to provide medical students with the opportunity to experience rural and agricultural medicine in a hands-on, real-life environment.
Farm Stay Weekend
- When? October 12th to 14th 2018
- Where? Cherrabah Resort, Warwick QLD
- Who? Up to 30 medical students learning, exploring and living the rural life
- What? Three days of rural doctors, patient cases and simulated scenarios, as well as Stanthorpe Winery and Cheese House, as well as tractor train star gazing and wildlife spotting.
- Cost? About $150 per person, with additional optional costs for extracurricular activities (around $45).
APPLICATIONS HAVE CLOSED. Please keep an eye out on the GPSN facebook page, or our eNewsletter for the next Farm Stay experience.
This event is in affiliation with TROHPIQ, and is sponsored by Darling Downs & West Moreton Primary Health Network.