To tackle rural workforce distribution issues by developing new initiatives to promote rural general practice to medical students.
2016 Working Group Executive
Chair: Madeleine Kelly, University of Wollongong
Secretary: Jonathon Brook, University of Western Australia
How to get involved
Email Chair, Madeleine Kelly, at email@example.com. Please include your name, university, year level and brief reasons for interest in the group/past experiences of relevance (maximum 50 words).
You can also join the Rural WG Facebook Group here.
- Local GPSN Clubs Rural Events Guide
- GPSN Rural Doctor Mentorship Program – establishing a mentoring program for medical students and rural GPs to inform and promote rural general practice
Kathryn Mason (Immediate Past Chair), University of Notre Dame Sydney
- Rural Events Guide
- Rural Mentor Program Planning
- Furthering relationships with GPSN and NRHSN
- Research into a Rural and Remote Myth-busting Publication aimed at promoting rural general practice to medical students.
- Rural Generalist Pathway summary for the GPSN website.
- Rural First Wave student award proposal submitted
- Rural Generalist Pathway summary for the GPSN website
- Established, developed and maintained professional relationships with stakeholders.