2019 GPSN National Elections
You can apply
The GPSN National Council is a great way for medical students interested in general practice to gain practical experience in governance, policy, and leadership. Since GPSN is supported by GPRA, the national peak body for GP registrars, you'll be well supported in a national role. As the future of general practice in Australia, this is your chance to shape the future!
Hurry! The positions in red are still open. Apply today!
Senior National Executive Positions:
- National Chair
- National Vice Chair
- National Secretary.
National Executive Positions:
- Local Events Officer
- National Events Officer
- Working Group Officer
- National Sponsorship Officer
- Publications and Promotions Officer.
National Working Group Positions:
- Chair or Secretary of the Research Working Group
- Rural Working Group
- Close the Gap Working Group.
Hurry! Applications close Monday 17th September 2018 at 11:59 PM
Applications close Monday 17th September 2018 at 11:59 PM
Eligibility for applications
- Currently studying medicine at an Australian University
- Current GPSN Member
- Endorsement by one other current GPSN Member
Applicants will be required to submit the following documents as a Word Document to the GPSN Elections Officer within the application period for distribution to Council. The 2018 Elections Officer is the 2018 GPSN National Chair (email@example.com).
All Working Group applications are also to be sent to the Working Group Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 1 page CV
- Name, year level, university, email and contact number of self and seconder
- Up to 4 preferences for positions
- Your skills, experience and interests that make you suited to the role. Please address the question after viewing the role descriptions and selection criteria (Max 300 words)
- Enthusiasm for the general practice profession statement or enthusiasm for a particular working group domain (maximum of 200 words)
- PLUS If applying for the positions of National Chair or National Vice-Chair, the applicant must provide a 3-5 minute video online responding to the following questions:
- Which position/s do you wish to apply for?
- What is your vision for GPSN in 2019?
- Why do you want to fulfil this role?
- How can you add value to GPSN?
- How will this role fit in with your University timetable?
*Videos can be filmed on smartphones and we encourage you to upload your video to YouTube. Please email through the YouTube link with your application. Any queries regarding this process please direct to the Elections Officer.