I learnt a lot from moving interstate after finishing high school, and I am so grateful for everything it taught me. While it was a very rewarding and enriching experience there were times when it was also quite scary and challenging. So, if you are thinking of taking the leap, here are some tips to help you through it!
There are many options, but you can refer to this list for the complete spread.
Uni residential houses
- Already furnished
- Easier to socialise and find friends
- Less paperwork, bills, and repairs
- Less control over space, location and food
- May be expensive
- Save money by sharing the cost of renting
- More control over location makes it feel like a home!
- May have more space than uni residential houses
- Need to find housemates
- Need to deal with bills and rental paperwork
- Getting a successful application can be difficult (might need to put family member as guarantor)
- Similar to shared accommodation with added bonus of some places being furnished
- Don’t get to choose your housemates
- You get to live how you want to and establish your own routines!
- Can be expensive
- Can be lonely at times.
This is going to be very exciting, be ready for anything and remember to always look after your physical and mental health.
YOU GOT THIS ❤️
By Mahta Mohajeri
National Sponsorship Officer 2023